Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 1 is in the books...

Well, day one is done and I managed to win my first two games of the tournament.  Round 1 was a pretty easy game against Reddy Lee from NY's Dalton School.  In round 2, I faced William Sun from Virginia.  I got a better position in the 2nd round and picked up a pawn plus the exchange, but it was still going to be tough to break through, fortunately, my opponent used so much time trying to hold off my attack that he flagged and I didn't have to play a long, drawn out endgame.




Things got off to a bit of a rocky start for Team Regnart.  Udit and Pranav both unexpectedly drew a game today.  Fortunately, Pramodh managed to get a win in the first round, so I think we will be ok.  We are alone in second place, just a half-point behind the leaders, but that team has some very low-rated players, so I know we will pass them tomorrow.  The real question is what will the teams that are just behind us do tomorrow.






Besides the unfortunate draw for Udit, the Chesspunks are representing the Bay Area well.  Allan, Kesav, Vignesh and I are all 2.0/2.0.  Things will get interesting tomorrow: busy day with 3 more rounds.  If I can win the first two, I should get a very strong opponent for round 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment