Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 2 is in the Books

What a day, I had three rounds today @ 9:00 a.m.(Ethan Xie), 2:00 p.m. (Ethan Li)  and 7:00 p.m. (Anshul Adve). I was successful in winning all three matches, and now have a perfect 5-0 score.  There are two other players in the section with a perfect score.  Roland Feng from Washington, and good friend Vignesh Panchanatham  from Cupertino, CA.  I will play Roland tomorrow in Round 6, I've never played him before.  Daddy & Lucas arrived right before Round 4 and Mom was thankful because the stress of competition was really getting to her.  She's really not cut out for all the waiting and wondering what's going to happen each round.

Here's a view of the playing hall, with me sitting at Board 1 in front of the room.


I went over to check out my friend Jeffrey Xiong at the top board in the K6 section.


Round 3 opponent, Ethan Xie.

Round 5 opponent, Anshul Adve.

I finished my 5th round quickly, so we got to go to YO Steakhouse for dinner, then straight to bed to get ready for Sunday.

1 comment: