Monday, October 4, 2010

Going to Greece!!!


In just two weeks I'll be traveling to Thessaloniki, Greece with my father for the 2010 World Youth Chess Championship. This will be my first time going to another continent and my first international tournament.

Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece and the capital of Macedonia. The city is a major commercial center and transportation hub in Greece. The tournament itself will be held at the beautiful Porto Carras Grand Resort from October 20th to the 30th.

I'll also be traveling with good friends and training partners: Vignesh Panchanatham, Allan Beilin, and Kesav Viswanadha. Vignesh and I will be competing in the Under 10 section, while Allan and Kesav will be playing in the Under 12 section. I'll try to post regular updates to my blog and you can follow the action on my Dad's twitter feed. Results, pairings, and other information should be posted on the official site as it becomes available.

2 comments: