Monday, November 14, 2011

Bem vindos ao Brasil


Tomorrow morning my mom and I are flying to Brazil so that I can participate in the 2011 World Youth Chess Championships. We fly from San Francisco to Charlotte, NC.  Then we catch another flight to Rio de Janeiro.  Once in Rio, we will catch a flight to Goiânia, the capital of the Brazilian state of Goiás. From there it will be a short bus ride to the city of Caldas Novas, where the tournament will be held.

Caldas Novas is one of the largest hydro-thermal resort towns in the world.  The pictures of our hotel look really cool.  My little brother should have a fun time playing in all of the pools while I'm playing chess.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to relax a bit too.
This will be my first ever trip to the continent of South America.  I'm excited to see and meet other chess kids from all over the world.  My friends from the Bay Area: Tanuj, Allan, Kesav, and Michael W. are all playing in the tournament.  I'll also get to see my chess friends from Dallas: Tommy, Jonathan, and Jeffery.  Plus, John Hughes, Joshua Colas, James Black, Justus Williams, Andrew Tang, and Michael Chen from US Chess School will be there too.  The US should have a pretty strong team in my section (U12).  I also think my friend Albert Lu (from LA) will have a strong tournament in the U10 section.  You can follow my progress on this blog and on the chess-results.com server.

No comments:

Post a Comment