Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 5 - Round 2

This morning we slept in because Cameron had a hard time falling asleep at night.  We skipped breakfast and used the time to rest.  Cam's lesson with Yury was at 11:00.  He's paired against a boy from Norway, Benjamin Imsrud.  He's an unrated player that won his first round against Francisco Munoz from Argentina.  Francisco is a strong 1940, so Benjamin has to be a strong player if he beat a 1940.

After lunch we headed to the playing hall.  They decided not to let parents into the playing hall that created a mob by the entrance.  I placed Cameron in the mob and said push your way to the entrance.  I kept looking for his hat to see if he made it in but it was so crowded I coulnd't see him.  Eventually he appeared right next to me.  He as too uncomfortable pushing his way in, so he came out of the mob.  I had to stand behind him and push him to the door.  It was the worst entrance to a tournament I have ever witnessed.  I wasn't able to get a picture of his opponent this round, but in Round 3, I got the picture below.
Round 2 Opponent - Benjamin Imsrud from Norway
Cameron won this match in three hours, thankfully not the four hours 50 minutes of yesterday.  He reviewed his game in the team room and we headed to dinner.  Need to get to bed early for the double day tomorrow.
Mob scene at playing hall entrance, hard to get a sense from picture how chaotic this was.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment